Hi! I’m Shawn Humphrey. The author of the Sidekick Manifesto and creator of the Two Dollar Challenge. As a serial founder of multiple projects and platforms, including national summits and conferences, I know what it’s like to hire and work with speakers. I also know how words can move the human spirit. I hope this page helps you learn more about me. If not, take a look at my blog. I don’t hold much back. Here you’ll find out about my most-requested workshops and speaking topics, what you can expect, and how to book me.
*With onset of COVID-19, I’m now giving my talks remotely for a discounted speaking fee.
What you can expect
Hire me and here’s what you can expect:
- I’ll reply promptly to your emails and telephone calls.
- I’ll listen and make sure we are on the same page.
- I’ll show up.
- I’ll be on time.
- No Diva Shit. Period. My people raised me right (except for the cussing).
- I’ll use thought-provoking stories, activities and games to engage you and your audience in complex material.
- I’ll stick around and find ways to collaborate with attendees.
- I’ll follow up after the event for feedback.
Frequently-requested talks & workshops
- “Sidekick Manifesto: In the Story of Poverty’s End, We can only be Sidekicks”
- “The Do-Gooder Industrial Complex”
- “The 40 Year Old Do-Gooder Adolescent”
- “Financial Lives of the Poor – a Simulation”
- “How to Become a Better Change-Maker”
What people are saying
Shawn Humphrey’s presentation, both in class and to the larger Elon community, was easily the most impactful experience of the semester. While I had heard similar messages before, through my own personal work and through readings such as Toxic Charity, Shawn’s vulnerability and authenticity allowed me to truly learn from his mistakes and experiences. Other sources typically emphasized the things they were doing right in the service realm, and instead chastised the behavior of others. Such representations of reality are inherently skewed. However, Shawn’s authenticity was extremely helpful and beneficial, as I was able to engage and evaluate his message and perspective knowing he was not attempting to frame himself as some service messiah.”– Elon University Student, 2018
Shawn presented during the first-ever Kiva U Summit. He was rated among the highest of the 47 speakers at the event and was considered ‘inspiring,’ ‘innovative’ and ‘enlightening’ by Summit attendees.”– Jessica Hansen (KIVA)
Shawn was engaging, naturally weaving his personal entrepreneurial narrative into his professional pursuits, and provided some honest and keen insights into the challenges – and rewards – of being a social entrepreneur.”– Melissa Paulson (Notre Dame’s Irish Impact Social Entrepreneurship Conference)
The Next Step
Thanks for considering me for your event. You can take the next step by checking my availability. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back with you right away.