- Celebrity politics: Bono, product (RED) and the legitimising of philanthrocapitalism by Nathan Farrell (The British Journal of Politics and International Relations). Here’s more from Nathan Farrell on the topic of celebrity activism.
- Invisible Violence of Celebrity: Soft Images and Hard Words in the Making and Unmaking of Africa by Yrjol¨a Riina (World Political Science Review)
- Foreign Policy Goes Glam by Daniel Drezner (The National Interest)
- The Downside of Celebrity Diplomacy: The Neglected Complexity of Development by Heribert Dieter and Rajiv Kumar (Global Governance: A Review of Multilateralism and International Organizations)
- Bono, Band Aid, and Before: Celebrity Humanitarianism, Music, and the Objects of its Action by Ami V. Shah, Bruce S. Hall, Edward R. Carr
- Dr. Clooney, I presume (Mother Jones):
- Africa – Celebrity Timeline (Mother Jones):
- Marina Hyde “We’re all Poorer when We Seek Kim Kardashian’s Take on Poverty” The Guardain (June 8, 2012)
- Madelein Bunting “The Issues of Celebrities and Aid is Deceptively Complex” The Guardian
- “Celebrities and Aid: A History of Engagement” (The Guardian)
- “Do Celebrities Have a Role to Play in Development?” (The Guardian)
- Ali Molenaar “Literature on Celebrity Diplomacy Compilation” Library and Documentation Centre Clingendael Institute, January 25, 2012.
A BIT OF SNARK
- Africans Radiator Song To Norway. Support Radi-Aid!
This is not a comprehensive list. It’s one that includes resources that we have had the time to review and recommend. If you have others that you would recommend, please Contact Us. We would love to know what else is out there!